Thursday, July 14, 2011

REVIEW: KNITTING BY TWILIGHT - WEATHERING - CD, 2011

Knitting By Twilight - Weathering CD 2011
Knitting By Twilight - Weathering CD 2011

KNITTING BY TWILIGHT
Weathering CD, 2011
http://www.itstwilightmusic.com
Fascinating, percussive instrumentals with art rock tendencies. It would be lazy to say Dead Can Dance with special guest Robert Fripp, so I won’t say it. The soundtrackish, professional production places this album into a category all its own. And though the song title “Harold’s Budds” may tip their hand, Knitting By Twilight is more than mere gauzy piano. The layers of hand percussion deserve a special mention, and the unique, darkly Asian tone of the cymbals. The dynamics ensure that this is not some overly-rigid MIDI new age pastiche, or something. I’m losing the plot trying to say how much I’m enjoying this. I do! I’m reminded of David Sylvian’s better instrumental pieces.
Ian C Stewart

BUY

No comments:

Post a Comment